By Courtney Donovan Smith
Translated by Angela Cheng
Finely shredded cheese (preferably mix of cheddar & mozzarella; note that shredded pizza cheese is too thick)
Refried beans 50 g
Diced chicken (or other meat) pre-fried with garlic and black pepper
Salsa 100 g
Sour cream 100 g
Taco seasoning (original), a few pinches
1. Smear the refried beans evenly over one tortilla, leaving 1/2 centimeter open around the edges
2. Add meat, cheese and sprinkle a light coating of taco seasoning.
3. Place in pan, and cover with the second tortilla.
4. After cooking in pan for about 1.5 minutes, put your hand over the quesadilla. If you can twist the top tortilla smoothly, then the cheese is melted and you can flip the tortilla over and cook for another about another 1.5 minutes.
5. Cut into slices and top with salsa and sour cream to taste.
6. Danielle Huang with her creation.