By Xu Li Ling
Translated by Anna Yang
Restaurant: Mr. India
Indian cuisine is famed for its exotic combinations of spices, which result in richly-flavored sauces, and have helped make it a favorite among Taiwanese diners. Blending local fresh ingredients with traditional Indian cooking to generate scrumptious dishes is Mr. India's creative specialty. This month, expert chef Ravi presents a customer favorite, Chicken Jalfreji, offering delicious, soothing flavors made with tomatoes, butter and other ingredients. As instructed, add a generous portion of seasonings, stir-fry the chicken curry for 5-8 minutes, and this dish is ready to be served--simple steps with results that will impress your guests.
-Boneless chicken thigh (water boiled)
-Tomatoes, onions, green peppers, bell peppers
-Garlic, thin-sliced ginger, green chili, cilantro leaves
-Butter (added to personal preference)
Chili powder, curry powder, ground coriander, Garam Masala mixed spices, Indian chicken curry powder (moderate amount)
Precook tomatoes and onions until they turn into thick and richly-flavored sauce.
1. Heat the chopped garlic and thin-sliced ginger in a skillet. Add the seasonings.
2. Add green peppers, bell peppers slices and green chillies, and stir-fry for a bit.
3. Pour the previously-cooked sauce previously over the peppers.
4. Add a moderate amount of coconut juice. Then add chicken pieces and stir until cooked.
5. Decorate this dish by sprinkling sliced cilantro leaves and add melted butter on the top. Savory Chicken Jalfreji is now ready to be served!