By Niang Chen
Translated by Anna Yang
Restaurant: China Town
As good-looking as he may be, Chinatown Restaurant Chef Pan Yu Hua isn't famed for his features but, rather, his fantastic culinary skills. Thanks to nearly 30 years of cooking experience at Hong Kong five-star restaurants, he efficiently prepares dishes, including Golden Shrimp with Salted Egg Paste, which has been popular at Chinatown Restaurant for a decade.
-3 salted eggs
-Tiger shrimp 300 grams
-Moderate amount of corn starch
-2 spoons of cooking oil
1. Simmer salted eggs for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the simmered salted eggs, slowly adding the oil until they are as creamy as a paste, and put in a bowl.
3. Roll shrimp into the egg batter filled bowl. Then coat them with corn starch and fry.
4. Stir fry shrimps in a pot with a little soup stock and the salted egg paste until the flavors are sealed in. Season with a little sugar and chicken stock powder, and it's ready.
5. Arrange the salted egg flavored shrimp on a plate and serve.
When selecting tiger shrimp, the bigger the better! In order to enjoy
the crispy and chewy texture of the shrimp, it is recommended that
they be washed under strong running water.