By Niang Chen
Translated by Anna Yang
Restaurant: Forty Cafe
Forty Cafe head chef Hsiao Mei Wu (Mei Lan) has developed side-by-side with this business over the past decade, instructed and influenced by beautiful owner Yao. Wu's style of gourmet cooking that has created soul-pleasing dishes for so many epicures and dining at Forty Cafe is a bit like enjoying someone's home kitchen, with each entree expressing the love and attention of its creator.
-3 salted eggs
-Tiger shrimp 300 grams
-Moderate amount of corn starch
-2 spoons of cooking oil
1. Simmer salted eggs for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the simmered salted eggs, slowly adding the oil until they are as creamy as a paste, and put in a bowl.
3. Roll shrimp into the egg batter filled bowl. Then coat them with corn starch and fry.
4. Stir fry shrimps in a pot with a little soup stock and the salted egg paste until the flavors are sealed in. Season with a little sugar and chicken stock powder, and it's ready.
5. Arrange the salted egg flavored shrimp on a plate and serve.