By Niang Chen
Translated by Anna Yang
Restaurant: Hotel Dion
A relaxing afternoon over a cup of aromatic latte and flavorful pancake can be enjoyed by anyone sitting down in the lobby cafe at Hotel Dion. Chef Sho-Yen Wu presents a simple way of making a waffle or pancake with a batter that can also be refrigerated to make more warm and delicious pancakes anytime you desire.
-All-purpose flour 350 grams
-Vanilla powder 10 grams
-Soda powder 10 grams
-Milk 350 milliliters
-Butter 30 grams
-Sugar 170 grams
-A bit of salt
1. Place 4 eggs in a bowl and beat. Mix and beat eggs with vanilla powder, soda powder, butter, sugar, salt, and milk in the batter bowl.
2. Sift all-purpose flour and mix with flavored egg batter in order to make the pancake batter.
3. Pour stirred pancake batter into a sealable container. Take the desired amount of pancake batter and leave the rest in the fridge.
4. If you have a waffle maker, preheat it at 180-190 degrees. If you don't, use a flat pan, coat it with butter, and pour a moderate amount of batter in the pan, pan-frying the pancake on both sides for 5 minutes.
5. Present your finished waffle or pancake however you want and top it with your favorite fruit and toppings, including chocolate syrup, honey, butter cream, bananas, apples, kiwi fruit. For saltier-flavored pancakes, try toppings like tuna fish paste, sliced eggs and nuts.
6. This simple, delicious and warm treat is ready for enjoyment.