By Ann Li
Translated by Anna Yang
AmourLin is a high-end JingCheng 9th street spa and salon, as well a creative fusion restaurant that promotes healthy dining. All of the fine dishes presented here are Chef Li Yong-tai's masterpieces made with ingredients sourced from local farms, including naturally-cultivated fruits and vegetables. Below are Chef Li's directions for creating a simple, yet refreshing, salad.
1 beetroot, pinch of salt, vinegar (200 grams), sugar (30 grams), tossed mixed salad, a mixed portion of seafood, virgin olive oil
1.Peel and slice beetroot
2. Season beetroot slices with salt and let them sit for an hour
3. Boil beetroot slices in water and allow them to cool down
4. Mix vinegar and sugar with beetroot, cover with a wrapper and refrigerate overnight
5. Decorate the plate with grilled seafood/shrimp
6. Place the lettuce and beetroot on a plate, drizzle it with olive oil and a few drops of beetroot juice leftover from the bowl, and enjoy your salad!